The Federal government is trying to impose a radioactive waste dump in South Australia, despite State legislation that makes them illegal, opposition from Traditional Owners and a truly flawed plan thatâ€™s done nothing but cost money and divide communities.
Please support the communities of the Flinders Ranges and Kimba by sending a submission to the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.
Get friends, family and co-workers together, eat dumplings and say NO to nuclear waste in SA and host a â€œDumplings not Dumpsâ€ session.
It’s not too late to have your say! FoE Adelaide are hosting a Dumplings Not Dumps event next Monday night at Christie Walk (entry at 101 Sturt St), in the Common Room.
If you’re in Adelaide, bring your laptop and write yours on monday night while having a dumpling dinner.
Where: Christie Walk Common Room,
When: 6.30pm – 8.30pm,Â Monday 9th December
Please RSVP by email â€” we want to ensure we have plenty of dumplings!
Write a submission to the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Write submissions against the radioactive waste dump proposed for SA
- All the info you need to write a submission is at www.foe.org.au/have_your_say
- You can use this online proforma and either use the existing text or edit to suit or you can write your own submission
- Submissions are due by 12th December 2019
Eat dumplings, have fun
Dumpling options: There are so many types to choose from – momos, wontons, ravioli, kreplach, pierogi, gnocchi, Jamaican patties, gyoza, knishes, empanadas, samosas and more.
- Cheat: Buy some from an asian grocery or supermarket and steam, boil or fry
- Really cheat: Go to a restaurant and have a â€œDumplings not Dumpsâ€ session around the table
- Donâ€™t cheat: Make your own
Take a photo and post with #DumplingsNotDumps and email to email@example.com