Exposure: Nuclear waste expo and exhibition comes to Port Augusta September 2-4.
A two day community expo on nuclear waste dump plans for South Australia is coming to Port Augusta’s Institute Theatre this September.
• The SA state government’s international nuclear waste dumping plans.
• The federal government’s plans to dump waste in the Flinders Ranges.
• Traditional Owners’ voices and rights.
• Radioactive impacts on people and the environment.
• The economics and impacts on our industries including tourism, farming and recreation.
• The track record of radioactive waste management / mismanagement in South Australia and globally.
Exposure 2016 opens on Friday night with ‘Talking Straight Out’, an exhibition showcasing the famous Irati Wanti campaign when Senior Aboriginal women from Coober Pedy, the Kupa Piti Kungka Tjuta, took on the federal government and won. There will be a Saturday night social event and stalls throughout the weekend.
Exposure 2016 is a free event.
WHAT: Two day information expo and art exhibition
WHEN: September 2 – 4, 2016
WHERE: The Institute Theatre, 53 Commercial Rd, Port Augusta
RSVP: Conservation SA
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org… Read more >>