Solar Citizens worked with Nicky Ison from the Community Power Agency on a new blueprint called Repowering South Australia, which not only shows how South Australia can get to 100% renewables by 2025, but also how we can ensure nobody is left behind along the way.
To get there, Repowering South Australia recommends:
- Making South Australia a renewable energy superpower by setting a 100% renewable energy target by 2025 and making a plan to export a further 50% outside of the state through technologies such as hydrogen.
- Supporting low-income households by establishing a publicly-owned non-profit retailer to secure cheap, renewable power.
- Boosting local manufacturing by establishing renewable energy industry precincts in locations where renewable energy hotspots meet energy-intensive industry.
- Working with Aboriginal communities to design a well-funded Indigenous Communities Clean Power Program.
- Giving communities back power by establishing regional community energy hubs that increase community benefit from renewable projects.
— Dan Spencer outlines the reccomendations here on reneweconomy.com.au
The Repower SA campaign launch is at The Joinery, February 14 at 6:30pm – 8:30pm. RSVP here