DATE: Saturday December 2,
WHERE: Parliament House Adelaide, Kaurna Land.
RALLY TIME! Join us on the steps of Parliament House to call on politicians to say no to a radioactive waste dump in SA.
FB RSVP: HERE
In its effort to find a site to house Australiaâ€™s radioactive waste, the Federal Governmentâ€™s National Radioactive Waste Management Project (NRWMP) has three sites currently under consideration in South Australia – one at Barndioota in the Flinders Ranges and two in Kimba on the Eyre Peninsula. Some of this nuclear waste is a hazard for hundreds of years and some for thousands of years.
Radioactive Nuclear waste dumps for non-SA wastes are illegal in SA. In response to earlier moves to dump waste in SA, Parliament passed a law to say No: the Nuclear Waste Facility (Prohibition) Act 2000. The objects of this Act are â€œto protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of South Australia and to protect the environment in which they live by prohibiting the establishment of certain nuclear waste storage facilities in this state.â€
Weâ€™ve said no to radioactive waste in SA before and won and weâ€™ll do it again!
Hereâ€™s what you can do right now:
- Promote the Facebook events for the info night and rally.
- Tell ten people about the rally
- Sign the petition: http://www.nodumpalliance.org.
- Contact your local MP and tell them radioactive waste in SA is unacceptable. Find their contact details here: http://www.parliament.sa.gov.a
- Donate to the crowdfunder: https://www.gofundme.com/dont-
- Check out the website: www.dontdumponsa.net
- Tweet using the hashtags #dontdumponsa #SA2good2waste
- Posters: pick up posters and leaflets to distribute from The Joinery, 111 Franklin St Adelaide or go online and download and print yourself
- Booklet: download and print the rally booklet attached or come in to The Joinery and pick up some to distribute