Everyone likes dumplings, but no one likes dumps.
The Federal government is trying to impose a radioactive waste dump in South Australia, despite State legislation that makes them illegal, opposition from Traditional Owners and a truly flawed plan thatâ€™s done nothing but cost money and divide communities.
Please support the communities of the Flinders Ranges and Kimba by sending a submission to the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.
Get friends, family and co-workers together, eat dumplings and say NO to nuclear waste in SA and host a â€œDumplings not Dumpsâ€ session.
Better yet, if you’re in Adeliade, bring your laptop and write yours on the night while having a dumpling dinner.
Where: The Joinery, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide
When: 6pm – 8pm
Date: Monday 25th November
dumpÂ·?ling | \ ?d?mp-li?
Definition of dumpling
: something soft and rounded like a dumpling
especially : a short fat person or animal
\ ?d?mpÂ \ dumped; dumping; dumps
Definition of dump
Write a submission to the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Write submissions against the radioactive waste dump proposed for SA
- All the info you need to write a submission is at www.foe.org.au/have_your_say
- You can use this online proforma and either use the existing text or edit to suit or you can write your own submission
- Submissions are due by 12th December 2019
Eat dumplings, have fun
Dumpling options: There are so many types to choose from – momos, wontons, ravioli, kreplach, pierogi, gnocchi, Jamaican patties, gyoza, knishes, empanadas, samosas and more.
- Cheat: Buy some from an asian grocery or supermarket and steam, boil or fry
- Really cheat: Go to a restaurant and have a â€œDumplings not Dumpsâ€ session around the table
- Donâ€™t cheat:Â Make your own
Take a photo and post withÂ #DumplingsNotDumps and email to firstname.lastname@example.org