Charlie Wood from TippingPoint writes
are asking for all of us to help them get out the word to make it HUGE.
and please forward it to everyone you know.
we admire their courage and inspiring action!
We’re striking from school on March 15 to call for all politicians to take urgent action to stop the climate crisis.
Here’s why you should JOIN US….
1. The climate crisis is hurting people now
And the people in power aren’t doing nearly enough to stop it.
2. The Government is telling us not to strike
Haven’t politicians learnt that telling young people what to do always backfires?!
3. It’s an awesome learning opportunity
Our politicians clearly aren’t listening to the educated, so we have to take to the streets to make them. Why should we learn about history and then not be allowed to make history? Activism is learning.
4. It’s going to be massive
5. A federal election is coming up
A federal election is coming in May. Australians are worried about climate change. This is our opportunity to show every politician that we’re gonna make sure climate change determines who governs Australia from now on.
6. Adani is pushing ahead with their mega coal mine & our politicians aren’t stopping them
7. We can’t vote yet
8. People are listening to us, now we need them to act
9. Because we get to make more cool signs like this
10. Because our future depends on it
The School Strikers 4 Climate Action xx