(Another) attack on environment groups
The Coalition government is trying to silence anyone who stands up for the environment.
Some of their actions include:
- The new Standing Committee on the Environment review of tax deductibility for environment groups listed on the Minister’s Register (see below).
- The push by Minister Richard Colbeck for a secondary boycott ban to apply to environmental groups.
- The recently released ‘Re:think, Better Tax system Better Australia’ discussion paper which calls for a review of the Not for Profit sector’s tax deductibility.
- The cuts to the Environment Defenders Office (EDOs).
- The government has axed the Grants to